Monday, September 10, 2007

The beginning

My life can easily be split in two; life before and after i was raped. i have set up this blog because i need an outlet and i need others in my situation to know it's not the end of the world.

Who i am and where I'm from is not important. I could any woman you see walking down the street.

This is my story, or at least the beginning;
One year ago i was dating a man the same age as me. he was lovely so i thought. He had a good job, looked after his children, was generally a responsible man. He ticked all the boxes. Because of the jobs we worked and the distance between both of us it didn't work out. At this stage we had dated for 3 months. At the October bank holiday, two weeks after we broke up, he showed up at my door. I let him in. we watched Jerry maguire. then he kissed me. I pulled back, not wanting anything to happen. He grabbed me and dragged me to the bedroom. I was screaming but there was no one to hear me. i can't remember all the details. they have become foggy in my mind. he lay on top of me. No one needs to know all the details. His whole weight was pressing on me. He tore off my clothes. He bit me. He raped me. He was screaming at me to use the pain. Make the sex better for me. He climbed off after what felt like hours but may just have been 5 minutes. He told me to clean myself up and he left. I was left bleeding, cold, scared. That is where my life changed forever.

No comments: