Sunday, November 18, 2007

4 little letters

First of all i want to say how moved and encouraged i am with the amazing comments i have received. i also want to talk about something that was mentioned about my posts. I never say the word rape. It's four letters. Yet these four letters fill me with a sickness that can't be compared with anything i have ever felt before. they smell of him, they bring his face right up against mine again. They make me feel less human.
I wish I had the strength that all of you women have shown. I don't think I'm that strong. I can't even say the word for heaven's sake.

3 comments:

Christy Forrester said...

Hang in there. Healing takes so much time. Let yourself feel and act and speak however you want. after my rape I learned ... there is not a universal how to survive rape plan... no one knows better than you how you feel and what you need now. You have been through so much...you just have to let your self feel and do what ever it takes to keep going. For me letting it all out... no matter how messy it was... was the only way. I blogged a lot too. Here is my blog. There is a lot of information there and great links that might make you feel better.

I wish for you what will help you as you heal and seek peace after rape.

Christy Forrester said...

I forgot the link

http://anallegoryofthecave.blogspot.com/2007/08/i-have-learned-to-live.html

Charlene said...

I know it mightn't mean much but you're not alone with your feelings of not being able to say that particularly four letter word. I can't even seem to type it never mind say it. The mind is a strange thing. Hugs to you x